Transforming Organizational Structure
Accompanying Report of the National Performance Review
Office of the Vice President
- Executive Summary
- Recommendations and Actions
- ORG01: Reduce the Costs and
Numbers of Positions Associated with Management Control Structure by Half
- ORG02: Use Multi-Year Performance
Agreements Between the President and Agency Heads to Guide Downsizing Strategies
- ORG03: Establish a List of Specific
Field Offices to be Closed
- ORG04: The President Should Request
Authority to Reorganize Agencies
- ORG05: Sponsor Three or More
Cross-Departmental Initiatives Addressing Common Issues or Customers
- ORG06: Identify and Change
Legislative Barriers to Cross-Organizational Cooperation
- A. Summary of Actions by
- B. Illustrative Table of Areas of
Management Control that Should be Considered as Potential Targets for Streamlining
- C. Accompanying Reports of the
National Performance Review
Each action is followed by a number in parentheses
that indicates the necessary avenue for effective
implementation. Appendix A organizes all actions
according to these categories.
(1) Agency heads can do themselves.
(2) President, Executive Office of the President, or Office of Management and Budget can do.
(3) Requires legislative action.
(4) Good idea, but will require additional work, or may be better suited for future action.
Who We Are
|||"How To" Tools