- Introductory Remarks
- Media Advisory
- Who's Invited
- Communicators from federal, state, local, and tribal government, including members of the Federal Communicators Network
- Fellows in the Senior Fellows Program of the Council for Excellence in Government
- Other government employees who care about communicating good government
- Professors and students from schools of journalism and public administration
- We've got speakers, panels, and lunch time discussion groups. We'll keep you thinking, listening, learning, asking questions, and networking from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Bring your lunch or buy it in the Natcher Center cafeteria.
- Lunchtime Discussion Groups
- Directions and Hotels
- The Seminar will be at the Natcher Center on the National Institutes
of Health campus in Bethesda, MD. Take metro. The stop is Medical Center on
the Red Line. Free parking for handicapped persons is available in the
visitor parking lot.
- Planning Team
- The Federal Communicators Network and the Senior Fellows Program of
the Council for Excellence in Government are sponsoring this first-of-a-kind
event. Have we mentioned it's free?
- Learn how government communicators can better present to the media
government's goals, activities, and accomplishments
- Get specific tools and approaches to get your agency's messages
across more effectively
- Gain an appreciation for journalists' perspectives on government
- Learn how to build effective working relationships with media
- Confirmed Speakers
- You'll hear from well-known journalists, academics, and media representatives (most of whom have also been government spokespersons), along with public servants whose job it is to let the public know what government is doing and achieving.
- Here's everything on one page, ready for you to print.
- More Information
- E-mail Pat Gould or call (301) 948-4741 (evenings and weekend).