From: National Performance Review Status Report
Government is Starting to Work Better
- Over 90 percent of National Performance Review
recommendations are under way.
- The President has signed
22 directives, as well as performance agreements with seven agency heads.
100 agencies are publishing customer service standards.
- Nine agencies have
started major streamlining initiatives.
- Agencies are forming labor-management
partnerships with their unions.
- Agencies are slashing red tape.
government is buying fewer "designer" products and doing more common-sense
- 135 "reinvention laboratories" throughout the federal government are fostering
- The government is shifting billions of dollars in benefits to electronic
- The federal government is changing the way it interacts with state and