Streamlining Management Control
Accompanying Report of the National Performance Review
Office of the Vice President
- Executive Summary
- Recommendations and Actions
- SMC01: Implement a Systems
Design Approach to Management Control
- SMC02: Streamline the Internal
Controls Program to Make it an Efficient and Effective Management Tool
- SMC03: Change the Focus of the
- SMC04: Increase the Effectiveness of
Offices of General Counsel
- SMC05: Improve the Effectiveness
of the General Accounting Office Through Increased Customer Feedback
- SMC06: Reduce the Burden of
Congressionally Mandated Reports
- SMC07: Reduce Internal Regulations
By More Than 50 Percent
- SMC08: Expand the Use of Waivers
to Encourage Innovation
- Summary of Actions by
- Accompanying Reports of the
National Performance Review
Each action is followed by a number in parentheses
that indicates the necessary avenue for effective
implementation. Appendix A organizes all actions
according to these categories.
(1) Agency heads can do themselves.
(2) President, Executive Office of the President, or Office of Management and Budget can do.
(3) Requires legislative action.
(4) Good idea, but will require additional work, or may be better suited for future action.
Who We Are
|||"How To" Tools