Improving Program Design
Accompanying Report of the National Performance Review
Office of the Vice President
- Executive Summary
- The Need for Change
- Program Design Criteria
- Recommendations and Actions
- DES01: Activate Program Design as a
- DES02: Establish Pilot Program
Design Capabilities in One or Two Agencies
- DES03: Encourage the Strengthening
of Program Design in the Legislative Branch
- DES04: Commission Program Design
- Summary of Actions by
- Accompanying Reports of the
National Performance Review
Each action is followed by a number in parentheses
that indicates the necessary avenue for effective
implementation. Appendix A organizes all actions
according to these categories.
(1) Agency heads can do themselves.
(2) President, Executive Office of the President, or Office of Management and Budget can do.
(3) Requires legislative action.
(4) Good idea, but will require additional work, or may be better suited for future action.
Who We Are
|||"How To" Tools