Improving Financial Management
Accompanying Report of the National Performance Review
Office of the Vice President
- FM01: Accelerate the Issuance of
Federal Accounting Standards
- FM02: Clarify and Strengthen the
Financial Management Roles of OMB and Treasury
- FM03: Fully Integrate Budget,
Financial, and Program Information
- FM04: Increase the Use of Technology
to Streamline Financial Services
- FM05: Use the Chief Financial
Officers (CFO) Act to Improve Financial Services
- FM06: "Franchise" Internal Services
- FM07: Create Innovation Funds
- FM08: Reduce Financial Regulations
- FM09: Simplify the Financial
- FM10: Provide an Annual Financial
Report to the Public
- FM11: Strengthen Debt Collection
- FM12: Manage Fixed Asset
Investments for the Long Term
- FM13: Charge Agencies for the Full
Cost of Employee Benefits
- Summary of Actions by Implementation
- Accompanying Reports of the
National Performance Review
Each action is followed by a number in parentheses
that indicates the necessary avenue for effective
implementation. Appendix A organizes all actions
according to these categories.
(1) Agency heads can do themselves.
(2) President, Executive Office of the President, or Office of Management and Budget can do.
(3) Requires legislative action.
(4) Good idea, but will require additional work, or may be better suited for future action.
Who We Are
|||"How To" Tools