|DAY ONE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2001
7:30 a.m. Registration opens
8:15 a.m. Opening Remarks
Dr. Stephen C. Groft, Executive Director
White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy
Charge for Day One
Dr. James Gordon, Chair
8:30 a.m. Plenary Session I
CAM Education and Training: Establishing Educational Programs
Louis H. Orzack, Ph.D.
Case Western University
Deborah Danoff, M.D.
Association of American Medical Colleges
Peter V. Scoles, M.D.
National Board of Medical Examiners
9:35 a.m. Alfred P. Fishman, M.D.
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Neil Sampson, M.P.H., M.G.A.
Bureau of Health Professions, HRSA
National Breast Cancer Coalition
10:50 a.m. Plenary Session II: Continuing CAM Education and Training:
Building Knowledge and Skills
Joseph M. Helms, M.D.
American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
Lixing Lao, Ph.D.
University of Maryland Baltimore
American Botanical Council
11:40 a.m. Denise Murray Edwards, A.R.N.P.
Oncology Nursing Society/The Center for Health and Well-Being
Susan South, M.A.
Program in Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona
Murray Kopelow, Ph.D.
Accreditation Council of Continuing Education
10:35 - 10:50 a.m. 15-MINUTE BREAK
2:00 p.m. Plenary Session III: CAM Credentialing and Licensure: Assuring Quality and
Accountability in CAM Practice
Michael H.Cohen, Esq.
Center for Alternative Medicine Research and Education
Boyd J. Landry, M.P.A.
The Coalition for Natural Health, Inc.
Sharon Hall, M.P.H.
Washington Casualty Company
2:50 p.m. Steven C. Olson, B.A.
American Massage Therapy Association
Clement Bezold, Ph.D.
Institute for Alternative Futures
James R.Winn, M.D.
Federation of State Medical Boards
|12:30 - 2:00 p.m. LUNCH BREAK: MEDIA TRAINING
4:05 p.m. Charge for Breakouts and Day Two
4:15 p.m. Breakout Session I
5:35 p.m. Progress Report
|3:55 - 4:05 p.m. 15-MINUTE BREAK
7:30 a.m. Registration Opens
8:15 a.m. Breakout Session II
|DAY TWO: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2001
10:00 a.m. Breakout Session III
|9:45 - 10:00 a.m. 15-MINUTE BREAK
12:30 p.m. Full Group Discussion
|11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. LUNCH BREAK
4:15 p.m. Public Comment Session (Open Session -as pre-registered)
1. Susan Silver, George Washington Center
for Integrative Medicine
2. Margaret Huddleston, Center for Psychology and
Social Change, Harvard Divinity School
3. Robert Scholten, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
4. Rustum Roy, Pennsylvania State University
5. Diane Miller, National Health Freedom Coalition
6. Susan Herschkowitz, Self Representation
7. Colleen Smethers, Progress in Medicine Foundation
8. Michele Forzley, Attorney at Law
9. Victoria Mary Goldsten, Washington Institute of
10. Brenda Jasper, Association of Physician Assistant
11. Emily WhiteHorse, Association of Physician Assistant
12. Ingrida Lusis, American Chiropractic Association
13. Brian McAulay, Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic
14. David Molony, American Association of Oriental Medicine
15. Kathleen Quain, Foundation for Health and the Environment
16. Shula Edelkind, Progress in Medicine Foundation
17. Karen Scott, Progress in Medicine
18. Christina Walker, The Schenk Human Energetic Institute
19. Chi Chow, New York Institute of Chinese Medicine
20. George Krutz, Feldenkrais Guild of North America
|4:00 - 4:15 p.m. 15-MINUTE BREAK
|5:45 p.m. MEETING ADJOURN