Subject: The Fair Tax
Comment: The FairTax Act, a bipartisan bill sponsored by John Linder (R-GA) and Collin Peterson (D-MN) would remove the burden of the income tax and other federal income-based taxes.
The current tax system is incomprehensible. It is beyond reform. It simply has to go.
The FairTax Act would replace the current tax system with national consumption tax that will:
• Allow Americans to keep 100% of their paychecks, pensions, and Social Security payments.
• Dramatically reduce the cost of goods and services by 20% to 30%.
• Allow families to save more for homeownership, education, and retirement.
• Raise the same amount of money for the federal government.
• Make American products more competitive overseas.