Public Service Announcements: Getting Your Slice of the PSA Pie
Moderator: Fern Krauss, cofounder, ESTN Communications Group, LLC
Facilitator: Cindy Saboe, Director of Policy and Planning, Office of the Inspector General, Department of State
- Bill Goodwill, President, Goodwill Communications, Inc.
- Charles Roggero, filmmaker, Social Security Administration
- Mike Cosgrove, Executive Vice President, Low & Associates
Earned Media: Coverage on a Shoestring
Moderator: Dann Stuart, Chief, Communications Services, Farm Service Agency, USDA
Facilitator: Ivone Ladomirak, Computer Specialist, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dennis Dunbar, Owner, Information Super Station
- Joe Clayton, President, Widmeyer Communications
How to Write and Format for the Web:
Creating the Waves People Want to Surf
Moderator: Pat Wood, Web Manager, National Partnership for Reinventing Government
Facilitator: Marjorie Gildenhorn, Director of Business Innovation, Department of the Treasury
- Brian Friel, Planetgov.com
- Judy Welles, Worklife Editor, Planetgov.com
- Lou Antosh, LA Communications
Moderator: Marci Hilt, Public Affairs Specialist, USDA
Facilitator: Tony Zecca, writer, Coast Guard and NPR
- James Vaughn, Senior Manager for e-government Programming and Products, America Online GovernmentGuide.com
- George Matyjewicz, CEO, GAP Enterprises, Ltd.
- Representative from FirstGov.gov to be announced
Marketing Tools, Ideas, Resources: If You DON'T Have a Million Dollars for a Super Bowl Ad
Moderator: Sherri Burns, Marketing Manager, General Services Administration
Facilitator: Donise Cheeks, Coordinator, Federal Communicators Network
- Nick Carter, Vice President of Public Affairs, Imagitas
- Gene Mallard, Marketing Specialist, US Film & Video Productions, a Dept. of the Interior entrepreneurial franchise
Measuring Communication Success: Was Every Dollar Spent A Message Sent?
Moderator: Julie Chapman, Founder and CEO, Promoting Public Causes, Inc.
Facilitator: Suzanne Blouin, Communications Specialist, Social Security Administration
- Don Beck, Vice President, The Gallup Organization
- Rusty Toler, Senior Advisor, Office of Communications, Social Security Administration
- Delphine G. Taylor, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security
Administration, Durham, NC
Crisis Communications: Attack the Crisis Before It Attacks You
Moderator: Kathy Rowan, Associate Professor, Department of Communication, George Mason University
Facilitator: Carol Harvey
- Matthew Furman, Director of Public Affairs, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Jamie Finch, Director of Government, Public and Family Affairs, National Transportation Safety Board
- Lark McCarthy, morning anchor, Fox TV, Channel 5 (MORNING ONLY)
- George Lennon, Director of Communications, Forest Service
Communication Strategy: Merging the Message, the Money and the Medium
Moderator: Sareen R. Gerson, Chief of Classification and Performance Management,
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Facilitator: Lee Wexel, Management Analyst, Department of Defense
- Lester R. Potter, President, Les Potter, Inc. and Fellow, International Association of Business Communicators
- Kerry Sutten, Director, Congressional & Intergovernmental Affairs, Economics and Statistical Administration, Dept. of Commerce
- Lt. Col. Mary Purdue, Assistant Director, Advertising Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense
Reaching All Americans: Taking the Time to See the Entire Audience
Moderator: Hans Petersen, Writer, Health Care Financing Administration
Facilitator: Bonita Horton, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Denise Decker, Customer Service Manager and Advisor on Accessibility, Operations Management and Oversight Division, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Gloria Rodriguez, President and Founder of MAPA Development Resources, Inc.
and MAPA Communications, Inc.
- Cary Badger, Director of Marketing, AARP Services, Inc.
- Tony Kendrick, Director of Public Affairs, Indian Health Service