May 5, 1998
NATIONAL GAMBLING IMPACT STUDY COMMISSION
TO MEET IN CHICAGO, MAY 20-21, 1998
|WHAT: ||Meeting of the National Gambling Impact Study Commission
| || || |
|WHEN: ||Wednesday, May 20, 1998; 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
Thursday, May 21, 1998; 8:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
| || || |
||James R. Thompson Center, Auditorium, Concourse Level|
100 West Randolph, Chicago, Illinois 60601
- Presentations from State and local officials
- Staff briefings on riverboat gambling and Internet gambling
- Testimony from an expert panel on pathological gambling
- Demonstration of Internet gambling
- Testimony from invited panels of speakers on riverboat gambling, Internet gambling, and the regulatory structure of the financial markets
- Regular meeting business
- Executive Session, May 21, 12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Public comment period from 4:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m., May 20, 1998
- All interested persons should contact the Commission by telephone and speak with Dr. Timothy Kelly. No requests will be accepted via mail, facsimile, e-mail, voice mail, or web site. You must speak directly with Dr. Kelly.
- Requests will be taken M-F, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. EST, beginning on the day the notice appears in the Federal Register. No requests will be accepted after 5:00 p.m., May 14, 1998.
- For complete guidelines, contact Amy Ricketts (202-523-8217) or check www.ngisc.gov.
- We are trying to make arrangements for media at the Chicago meeting to have access to a media room in the James R. Thompson Center. It is important that you contact Amy Ricketts (202-523-8196) if you plan to attend.
800 North Capitol Street, N.W., Suite 450, Washington, D.C. 20002