July 14, 1998
NATIONAL GAMBLING IMPACT STUDY COMMISSION
TO MEET IN CALIFORNIA AND ARIZONA,
JULY 29-30, 1998
Topics: Pari-mutuels (CA); Native American Gambling (CA & AZ)
|WHAT: ||Meeting of the National Gambling Impact Study Commission
| || || |
|WHEN: ||Wednesday, July 29, 1998; 8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.; San Diego, California|
Thursday, July 30, 1998; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Tempe, Arizona
| || || |
||San Diego/Del Mar Hilton,|
15575 Durante Blvd., Del Mar, California
The Buttes, Wyndham Resort,
2000 Westcourt Way, Tempe, Arizona
- Presentations from State and local officials and Tribal Leaders
- Staff briefings on pari-mutuels and Native American gambling
- Testimony from invited panel of speakers on pari-mutuels and Native American gambling
- Regular business meeting
- Executive Session Lunch, July 29, 1:15 p.m.-2:15 p.m.
- Public comment period (prior phone registration required):
- July 29 (California), from 2:55 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- July 30 (Arizona), from 12:05 p.m. to 12:55 p.m.
- All interested persons should contact Mr. Steve White by telephone only at 202-523-8217. No requests will be accepted via mail, facsimile, e-mail, voice mail, or web site. You must speak directly to Mr. White and specify which meeting, California or Arizona.
- Requests will be taken beginning at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time, or 12:00 Eastern Daylight Time, the day the notice appears in the Federal Register. No requests will be accepted after 5:00 p.m., May 14, 1998.
- For complete guidelines, contact Amy Ricketts (202-523-8217) or check www.ngisc.gov.
800 North Capitol Street, N.W., Suite 450, Washington, D.C. 20002