January 5, 1998
NATIONAL GAMBLING IMPACT STUDY COMMISSION
TO MEET IN ATLANTIC CITY, JANUARY 21-22, 1998
|WHAT: ||Meeting of the National Gambling Impact Study Commission
| || || |
|WHEN: ||Wednesday, January 21, 1998; 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
Thursday, January 22, 1998; 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
| || || |
||The Atlantic City Convention Center, Room 302|
2001 Kirkman Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Presentations from Federal, State, and local officials
- Testimony from invited panels of speakers on the social and economic impacts of gambling
- Testimony from an expert panel on pathological gambling
- Site visits to the Atlantic City Rescue Mission, the Trump Taj Mahal Casino, and the boardwalk area
- Regular meeting business
- Public comment period from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., January 21, 1998
- All interested persons should contact the Commission by telephone and ask to speak with Tim Bidwill. No requests will be accepted via mail, facsimile, e-mail, or voice mail.
- Requests will be taken M-F, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. EST, beginning on the day the notice appears in the Federal Register. No requests will be accepted after 5:00 p.m., January 16, 1998.
- A waiting list will be generated once the allotted number of speaker slots are filled. Each speaker will be limited to three minutes and is asked to bring 20 typed copies of full comments to file with the Commission.
- For complete guidelines, contact Amy Ricketts (202-523-8217).
800 North Capitol Street, N.W., Suite 450, Washington, D.C. 20002