August 26, 1998
NATIONAL GAMBLING IMPACT STUDY COMMISSION
TO MEET IN MISSISSIPPI AND LOUISIANA,
SEPTEMBER 10-11, 1998
Topics: Economic Impact of Gambling, Treatment and Prevention, and Relation to Crime
|WHAT: ||Fifth on-site meeting of the National Gambling Impact Study Commission
| || || |
|WHEN: ||Thursday September 10, 1998; 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.;|
Friday, September 11, 1998; 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; New Orleans, Louisiana
| || || |
||Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center|
2350 Beach Boulevard; Biloxi, Mississippi 39531 (601-388-8010)
The Radisson Hotel
1500 Canal Street; New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 (504-522-4500)
- Presentations from State and local officials
- Staff briefings on the Treatment and Prevemtions of Pathological Gambling, and on the Relationship Between Gambling and Crime
- Testimony from panels of invited speakers on National and Community Economic Impacts of Gambling, State Regulation of Gambling, and the Treatment and Prevention of Pathological Gambling
- Regular Business Meeting
- Executive Session Working Lunch, September 11, 12:15 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Public comment period (prior telephone registration required):
- September 10, 1998, Biloxi, 4:15 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- September 11, 1998, New Orleans, 4:15 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- All interested persons should contact Mr. Tim Bidwill by telephone only at 202-523-8217. No requests will be accepted via mail, facsimile, e-mail, voice mail, or web site. You must speak directly to Mr. Bidwill and specify which meeting you will attend, Biloxi or New Orleans.
- Requests will be taken beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time, the day the meeting notice appears in The Federal Register. No requests will be accepted after 5:00 p.m., Eastern time, September 4, 1998.
- For complete public comment guidelines contact Craig Stevens (202-523-8217) or check the Commission's web site (www.ngisc.gov).
800 North Capitol Street, N.W., Suite 450, Washington, D.C. 20002