The President's Commission on Moon, Mars and Beyond, chaired by Edward C. "Pete" Aldridge, has announced four more public hearings to be held in locations around the country. The hearings will focus on four themes:
- Competitiveness and Prosperity
- Science and Technology
- Management and Sustainability
- Education and Youth
Locations and dates for the public hearings are:
- March 3 and 4, Dayton, Ohio, Air Force Museum.
- March 24 and 25, Atlanta, Georgia, location to be announced.
- April 15 and 16, San Francisco, California, location to be announced.
- May 3 and 4, New York City, location to be announced.
The President's Commission on Implementation of U.S. Space Exploration Policy (Moon, Mars and Beyond) is charged with providing recommendations to the President regarding moon research activities, increasing young people's interest in space science, and bringing in industry and other countries as space partners.