Subcommittee on Creating
a Quality Improvement Environment
- Mary Wakefield, Ph.D., Chair
- Betty Bednarczyk
- Donald Berwick, M.D.
- Gerald McEntee
- Phillip Nudelman, Ph.D.
- Herbert Pardes, M.D.
- Christopher Queram
- Robert Ray
Issues of Framework for the Subcommittee:
- relationship of performance measurement and quality oversight systems to the quality improvement activities of health care organizations and providers
- ethical guidelines and professional standards for the health care industry
- enhancement of practitioner and health care worker performance through education, training and certification
- organizational systems and processes to promote quality improvement, e.g., clinical information systems, clinical decision support systems, provider profiling, balanced financial incentives
Background Papers (see Meetings section of website)
[ About the Commission
| Commission Membership
| Press Releases
Last Revised: Tuesday, June 16, 1998