Subcommittee on Consumer Rights,
Protections, and Responsibilities
- Peter Thomas, J.D., Chair
- Christine Cassel, M.D.
- James Chao
- Nan Hunter, J.D.
- Sylvia Drew Ivie, J.D.
- Randall MacDonald
- Ronald Pollack, J.D.
- Stephen Wiggins
Issues of Framework for the Subcommittee:
- promulgation of bill of rights and responsibilities
- survey of existing consumer protections, enforcement mechanisms and remedies, and analysis of applicability to various populations
- analysis of issues related to consumer choice of health insurance products, providers and treatments
- consumer empowerment through enhanced knowledge, availability of information and involvement in clinical decisions
- consumer assistance services, e.g., ombudspersons
- attention to special populations, e.g., rural populations, disabled, chronically ill, terminally ill
Background Papers (see Meetings section of website)
[ About the Commission
| Commission Membership
| Press Releases
Last Revised: Tuesday, June 16, 1998