Advisory Committee on Online Access and Security -
Submitter: James R. Wade
Nominee: James R. Wade, CISSP, CCSI - Resume'
Title: Director, Enterprise Information Security & Business
Organization: AirTouch Cellular
Address: 5175 Emerald Parkway, Dublin, OH 43017-1063
Phone No: 614 560-2554
Fax No: 614 560-2969
- More than 30 years experience in securing information systems & networks for
government & industry.
- As a Special Agent for the U.S. Army, evaluated the security of the patient information
system for the Presidential Care Unit at the Walter Reed Army Hospital & the Army-wide
Automated Personnel Management System.
- Conducted a security & privacy assessment of the Social Security Administration's
- Performed evaluations of security & privacy protection for the U.S. Small Business
Administration & for the U.S. Navy's Personnel Payment System.
- Seven years experience as the computer security topic lead for the US Department of
Energy's (DOE) national-level, security inspection program of national laboratories &
nuclear weapons sites.
- Recently completed the second year of a four-year appointment on the Computer System
Security and Privacy Advisory Board (established by Congress in Public Law 100-235) which
reports to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Commerce & provides advice to the
congress & administration on computer security & privacy issues.
- Currently the President of the International Information Systems Security Certification
Consortium ((ISC)2) which is the premier not-for-profit organization providing worldwide
professional certifications for information security practitioners & administrators.
- Past President of the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) - the
international organization for information systems security professionals.
- Past Chairman (six years) of the International Standing Committee for Computer Security
for the American Society for Industrial Security - International: a professional security
organization of 35,000 members worldwide.
- Current responsibilities for AirTouch Cellular include
- 1. setting information security policy for this wireless telecommunications company;
- 2. designing the security architecture for the enterprise information & cellular
- 3. engineering security features & functions into applications (e.g., Credit &
Collections), systems (e.g., Billing), & networks (e.g., Voice & Data);
- 4. conducting risk assessments of customer data bases; &,
- 5. providing support & assistance to law enforcement investigations.
- Past member of the Curriculum Advisory Committee for the College of Law Enforcement,
Eastern Kentucky University specifically adding expertise on information systems security
& personal privacy.
- Maintains professional certifications in both information security & computer
- Commercial wireless telecommunications carrier providing cellular & wireless
Internet services to customers in more than 20 states.
- Processing & storing information for a multi-million customer base in support of
- Providing web access for customers to manage their accounts.
- Furnishing E-Commerce capabilities for purchasing products & services through the
World Wide Web.
- Balancing security risks with the need for customer access & product functionality.