ANDRES W. LOPEZ
827 Marti St., Apt. 402
San Juan, PR 00907
- HARVARD LAW SCHOOL
- J.D. received June 1995.
- Harvard Latino Law Review Co-Founder; Executive Board Member, Vol.
- Harvard College Freshman Proctor, Weld Hall (1993-94), Thayer Hall
- Lincoln's Inn Society Board of Governors Member, 1994 .
- Thesis: No Se Habla Español: The Pervasive Prevalence of
Peremptory Challenges Based On Spanish-Speaking Ability.
- HARVARD COLLEGE
- B.A. cum laude in Government received June 1992.
- Dean's List all semesters.
- Harvard College Scholarship.
- Harvard Foundation Director's Award.
- Samuel R. Flug Scholarship.
- President, Puerto Rican Student Organization of Harvard/Radcliffe,
- Thesis: Why They Failed: Puerto Rico Status Plebiscite
- 1999-Present FIDDLER GONZALEZ & RODRIGUEZ, LLP,
San Juan, PR
- Senior Associate, Litigation Department. Current practice in
federal commercial and constitutional litigation at the trial and
- 1996-1999 HILL & BARLOW, P.C., Boston, MA
- Associate, Litigation Department.
- Conducted extensive research and appellate brief writing in
connection with a series of five appeals stemming from a civil RICO
class action, Bonilla, et al. v. Trébol Motors Corp., et al., in
which a Puerto Rico federal jury returned a $129 million verdict
against Volvo Car Corporation and other defendants. Engaged in
extensive deposition preparation and motion practice in connection
with a federal constitutional litigation, El Día, et al. v.
Rosselló, et al., involving allegations of governmental retaliation
against protected expressive activity. Researched and prepared an
appellate brief on behalf of a Puerto Rico attorney who sought
reconsideration of a disbarment order, or, in the alternative,
reinstatement. Assisted in the drafting of an appellate brief to the
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court in a constitutional challenge
to the state's Term Limits law. Member, Hill & Barlow Hiring
- 1995-1996 THE HONORABLE GEORGE A. O'TOOLE, JR., Boston, MA
- Law Clerk, United States District Court for the District of
Massachusetts. Researched and prepared draft opinions on various
issues, including: First Amendment law, political, racial and
employment discrimination, sexual harassment, contract and tort law,
federal preemption, intellectual property, constitutional law, and
habeas corpus. Served as courtroom clerk on jury trials involving
allegations of arson, racial discrimination, personal injury, and
- HISPANIC NATIONAL BAR ASSOCIATION
- Regional Deputy President, Massachusetts Region (1998-99).
- Regional Deputy President, Puerto Rico Region (1999-Present).
- Defamation, Invasion of Privacy and the Internet (with Robert A.
Bertsche, Esq.). MCLE (1997).
- Interests include baseball, basketball, writing, nonfiction,
movies, and the Internet.