DAVID B. LACKEY
15408 N. Fircrest Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99208
Cell: (509) 951-6406
Fax: (509) 465-1551
- METROPOLITAN MORTGAGE & SECURITIES CO., INC.
Director of Marketing, Electronic Commerce, August, 1999 to Present
- Develop internet strategy and implementation plan for all divisions
including mortgage lending (retail and wholesale channels), contract
buying, stock brokerage, and insurance and annuities.
- Develop strategy and business model for retail mortgage lending
based upon internet-enabled call center.
- COUNTRYWIDE HOME LOANS, INC. - CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, CALABASAS, CA
Vice President - January 1998 to July 1999
- Develop strategy and implementation plan for wholesale and
correspondent internet channels resulting in $1.2 billion in online
loans in June, 1999.
- Implemented new internet infrastructure technologies for server
support, customer tracking, automated email response and financial
calculators on the retail web site.
- Develop strategies and infrastructure for database marketing
tracking system including data warehouse design and structures.
- Create, develop and execute telemarketing and direct mail campaigns
for retail and wholesale loan products with emphasis in portfolio
retention resulting in record levels of application volume.
- On senior management committee responsible for strategic business
decisions for retail division including new products and pricing
- Supervise and train entry-level SQL programmers into an execution
- Investigated and negotiated retail strategic partnerships and
- THE GRAPHIC CONNECTION - MARKETING AND INTERNET STRATEGY
Owner, July 1997 to December 1997
- Marketing and business consultation including strategy, budgeting
- Design, develop and launch transactional internet websites.
- Clients included medical product manufacturers, sporting goods
manufacturers, physician clinics and insurance industry.
- NATIONAL ADVERTISING & MARKETING ENTERPRISES, INC. - DIRECT
MARKETING STRATEGY AND EXECUTION
President and Principal, January 1987 to June 1997 - Sold company
- Developed and executed marketing programs including comprehensive
marketing plans for clients.
- Supervised and lead sales team to 1,000% increase in sales over six
- Executed the purchase and integration of two companies.
- Designed and executed the installation of electronic prepress
equipment including high-powered Macintosh and IBM-Compatable
computers and related imagesetters and scanners on a multi-platform
- Developed proprietary printing estimating software and fulfillment
- Developed database management and maintenance system.
- Managed and coordinated 65 production people on two shifts.
- STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY, NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS B.S.,
Business Finance, 1986
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society.
- 3.7 Grade Point Average.
- Strategic vision with tactical execution.
- Bottom-line focused.
- Knowledge in various computer platforms and programming languages.
- Extensive experience in various channels of direct response
marketing including internet.
- Extensive operational management experiences.
- Management experience in high-growth start-up environment.
- Experience with fast-paced, results oriented work environment.
- COUNTRYWIDE HOME LOANS, INC.
- Co-developed "click-and-bricks" retail internet strategy
currently (January, 2000) in implementation stage.
- Developed strategy and executed e-commerce marketing and production
plans that propelled wholesale and correspondent e-commerce sites to
the #1 internet lender within four months (over $1 billion in loans in
- Developed campaigns (including scripts) and executed telemarketing
plan that produced record production volume in outbound telemarketing
units ($1.3 billion in applications in August, 1998).
- Developed and executed direct mail campaigns that produced record
inbound call and production volume ($875 million in applications in
- Co-developed campaign management system that included complete
contact histories (regardless of contact medium), relational
databases, modeling for product purchasing propensity, standardized
file and campaign structures, and Visual Basic front-end system for
non-technical users to log campaigns.
- Trained six entry-level SQL programmers that expanded the group to a
total of 15 (1 - RPG programmer, 2 - C++ programmers, 2 - SQL AS400
programmers, 7 - MS SQL programmers and 3 project managers)
- THE GRAPHIC CONNECTION
- Developed transactional internet websites (lacrimedics.com,
lafirecr.org and ci.san-jose.ca.us/esd).
- Developed marketing and internet strategies for various businesses.
- NATIONAL ADVERTISING & MARKETING ENTERPRISES, INC.
- Developed transactional internet (calswitch.com) internet website in
the infancy of e-commerce for 9th largest electronic switch
distributor in the U.S.
- Developed strategy and executed business turnaround strategies
resulting in 8 consecutive years of records revenues and growth.
- Developed marketing and business plans for various sized businesses
and industries over ten year period.