Barbara J. Williams
7530 Brompton Court 900
Houston TX 77025
1998- LL.M Candidate, Health Law
University of Houston, Houston TX
- Student Representative, Graduate Study Committee
- LL.M. Laison, Health Law Organization 1998- Adjunct Professor,
Research and Writing
University of Houston, Houston Texas
1998- Researcher, Health Law and Policy Institute, Professor Ronald Scott,
University of Houston
- "Cancer Screening and Indigent Health Care" (Legislative
Proposal, l999 Texas Legislature
- "Small Employers and the Purchase of Insurance" (Pamphlet
under review by the Texas Cancer Council)
- "Insurance Coverage and Increased Surveillance for Cancer after
Genetic Testing" (Working title of informational brochure) 1997-
Health Law Publications
- "Special Report: Health Law, Model Acts and Privacy" New
Jersey Insurance Law Reporter (July l999)
- "ERISA and State Common Law Causes of Action" 192 New
Jersey Lawyer 29 (August l999)
- "Wiping Out a Pre-existing Exclusion" New Jersey Law
Journal 994 (December l997)
- "Medical Records Privacy: A Hot Issue for Action in l999" www.uh.edu
- "State Legislatures Consider What to Do about HMO
Professional Health Law Related Memberships
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden New Jersey J.D.
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana Illinois B.A.
- Graduation with Honors in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Political Science and Sociology Majors
- New Jersey School Boards Assocation
- Weg & Myers, New York, N.Y.
- Rutgers School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Warren Goldberg & Berman, Princeton, New Jersey
- New Jersey
- New York
- Texas (Passed bar exam in l998, Professional Responsibility Exam
also passed, awaiting being sworn in to the Bar)
Additional Experience and Credentials
- Taught litigation skills to students at Rutgers School of Law
Constitutional Litigation Clinic.
- Concentration of practice in areas of insurance law, education law,
and complex litigation.
- Preparation of complex transactional documents.
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association.